Education, Motivation and Entertainment All Rolled into One
I have two keynotes and four signature sessions on the topics of event marketing, branding, and entrepreneurship.
[KEYNOTE] Productivity in Pockets: How To Use Small Pockets of Time for Marketing & Sales
Do you feel like you have ZERO time for marketing because you as so busy working IN your business rather than ON it?
I bet you actually have more time than you think and I’m going to prove it to you! In this workshop you will learn the tasks that can be done in just 5, 10, 20 and 30 minute blocks of time to ensure you are constantly moving your marketing & sales forward.
You don’t need to spend hours everyday marketing your business to watch it grow. You need to do the right tasks for your business based on your goals.
This session will show you how to get your marketing (and sales calls!) done while still:
👊🏻 Servicing existing clients you love
👊🏻 Finding time for work/life errands that must get done (#adulting)
👊🏻 Staying present in your family/personal life (and all the to dos that come with it!)
👊🏻 And simultaneously finding ways to bring in MORE revenue
“Your energy and enthusiasm was absolutely contagious, and your insights left everyone feeling inspired and ready to conquer the world!
Your willingness to be transparent, and share your stories and experiences was truly empowering.”
– Lauren Petrosky, ExpoPass
[KEYNOTE] Events, Cliffs and Guts: How I Decided on Full-Time Entrepreneurship
Channing is not your everyday entrepreneur. Her dream centered around having her name at the top of the Vogue masthead as editor in chief. Fate intervened and the top of a different masthead sent her on the path to full-time entrepreneurship.
In this keynote, attendees will learn:
- The specific roles in Corporate America that lay the foundation for starting a business
- The two key career moments that led her to “take the leap” with her agency
- The most important investment to make when starting out
PLUS, the top 5 questions that’ll determine if entrepreneurship is right for you too.
How To Do Effective (And Flexible) Event Marketing
As event planners you are always prepared with a Plan B if your outdoor venue gets rained on right? Well, your marketing needs the same.
The upheaval of the pandemic reinforced the need for flexibility – and that extends to the way you market your event. Promising one scenario to sell tickets then needing to change (for whatever reason) is more easily understood these days, but ONLY if you are clear in your communications from Day 0.
In this Masterclass you’ll learn:
- How to successful sell tickets to your event without promising something you may not be able to deliver
- Examples of honesty vs. transparency in marketing language & images
- How to craft a crisis communication plan (and enact it) if your event plans change
- Ways to keep guests happy with Plan B
- A cautionary tale of what NOT to do when enacting Plan B
Crafting A Comprehensive Marketing Strategy for Your Event
A registration page for your event and a few social posts do not a marketing strategy make. To truly get the most out of the efforts/time/budget put into creating your event, you need to ensure you have all the pieces outlined up front with a timed schedule for release.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- The key pieces of a marketing strategy
- How to design cohesive graphics across all sizes/platforms
- Ways to reuse copy from your lead assets (hint: registration page) throughout the rest of your marketing to minimize the workload
- The waterfall of timing across email, social media, and traditional media to further endear your brand ambassadors to you and build more along the way!
Brand & Market Your Business To Attract (And Close) Your Ideal Client
Whether you’re just starting out or you’re ready to take your event company to the next level, this session will help you chart the path to success for attracting and closing the deal with your target client.
We’ll cover topics ranging from crafting a client persona (and developing content that attracts them) to sales techniques that’ll help you qualify the lead and lock in the contract.
At the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Create a brand & accompanying content that will attract and resonate with their target clientele
- Know where to FIND their new target client without wasting time at events or on social media efforts that won’t work
- Confidently communicate their value proposition without worrying about “the competition”
- Quickly & clearly qualify a lead and deliver their solutions for shorter sales funnels
The 6-Step Marketing & Sales Funnel for Event Pros
With so much advice out there, it’s hard to figure out what is the RIGHT way to structure your marketing and sales funnel as an event planner. Add in the fact that COVID took away in-person events for what seemed like forever and you may be thrilled to just get ANY money in the door for planning.
However, that is a recipe for being underpaid (👎🏻) and over delivering. There is hope though🙌🏻
With more than 15 years experience in the event industry AND in marketing and business development, DCM’s Principal Channing Muller has developed a 6-step process specifically for event professionals.
You’ll learn how to:
- Qualify leads faster
- Quickly identify who is the RIGHT client for your business (and who needs to be referred out)
- Save time and energy on writing proposals & designing plans for prospects who will never close
All so you can get back to doing what you love most: designing & planning events!