A New Way to Make Creating Instagram Reels Faster & Easier
Do Reels seem to take a lot of time for you to create?
Well now there is a NEW, yet to be officially announced, feature on Instagram that can make it faster. Said feature is a handy, “do it fast”, menu option to convert your Highlights (i.e. the compilation of Stories you format to stay in the little bubbles of your profile above the main grid) into Reels in single tap!
Here’s how to use the new Convert to Reels feature:
(Visual representation of these steps is below.)
- Choose the Stories Highlight you want to make into a Reel
- Hold down your finger on the Highlight bubble itself
- From the drop down choose “Convert to Reel”
- Instagram will do it’s thing and pull as many photos/videos from that Highlight as the Reel time limit allows
- Choose the music you want to go along with it.
- Preview the Reel (as per usual) and remove any clips you don’t want included or trim down ones that are too long.
- Hit Next
- Write your caption, adjust the cover image (as needed), Crop Profile Image, Tag people, Add Location and…
- SHARE that baby!!!
- Not your peak time? Save as Draft and set up a reminder for yourself to publish when it IS your peak engagement time.
What this means for busy entrepreneurs
If you have been spending time creating Reels, or scared of how much time it takes, this new option is going to save you a SOLID amount of time. (I’m talking 10-20 minutes) Just think: not only have you already chosen the photos you wanted to spotlight (they are in your Highlight after all), but you already added captions, writing, graphics to them when you posted the content originally as Stories!
In addition to saving you time and capitalizing on the hottest Instagram feature of the moment, this is a one more way you can use content you’ve already created in a new way to keep showcasing your brand and connecting with followers without having to slave away to a social media platform all day. #hardpass
Give it a go and let me know how much time you save!
Want even more ways to do your marketing tasks faster?
Download your FREE copy of Productivity in Pockets, The Parentpreneur’s Guide to Effectively Using Small Pockets of Time for Marketing & Sales.
This guide outlines numerous ways to work on marketing & sales daily whether you have 30, 20, 10 or just 5 minutes of time.